A Grays’ auction featuring a collection of late model and classic cars will close tomorrow (February 23, 2021.
The company says that since Holden ceased manufacturing in Australia, interest from collectors and enthusiasts in all Holden cars has soared. According to Grays, it has assembled possibly the best collection of late model, classic Holden and HSV cars ever offered at auction. Collectors will appreciate the significance of this collection, representing a piece of “never-to-be-repeated” Australian motoring history.
One collector has contributed 10-plus cars to this auction and his decision to retire will have many Holden fanatics rejoicing.
The cars on offer include some of the most in-demand and rare Holden and HSV cars ever offered at auction.
Auction highlight – 2017 HSV GTSR W1
One of only four development vehicles, this powerful beast is marked as W1 Pilot E002. It is the only one painted in Jungle Fever, a colour that never made it onto production cars. Under the hood is a LS9 6.2lt supercharged V8, delivering a claimed 474kW @ 6500rpm. Grays says this car is the final (and arguably the best ever) locally-built muscle car.
Adding to its unique story, the engine cover was signed by Holden Supercar drivers Jamie Whincup, Shane Van Gisbergen and Craig Lowndes after their celebrated 1-2-3 finish at the 2018 Sandown 500.
Motor racing legend John Bowe recently drove this car and was particularly impressed with the performance and handling, citing that it truly is one of the best cars ever manufactured in Australia.
Also on offer at this special auction event are:
• 1988 HSV VL Group A SSV (Walkinshaw): Extremely rare and highly desirable, Grays says this VL ‘Walkinshaw’ is a ‘barn find, and in a very tired condition, but completely original with all genuine parts. It is number 619 of only 750 made.
• 2017 HSV Maloo GTS-R GEN-F2 Spitfire Green Manual Ute
• 2016 HSV Clubsport R8 Track Edition LE GEN-F2 Black Manual Sedan
• 2013 HSV VF Clubsport R8 Sting Red Manual Sedan (Build no. 15)
• 2012 HSV VE Clubsport R8 Wagon ‘Supercharged’ Walkinshaw (50 Years of Bathurst Edition)
• 2005 Holden VZ Monaro CV8 Turismo Blue Automatic Coupe
• 2003 HSV Monaro GTS Coupe Tribute ‘Supercharged’ Sting Red Coupe
• 2007 HSV VE GTS Manual
• 2009 HSV WM Grange
• 2004 Holden V2 CV8
• 1999 HSV Clubsport
• 1968 Holden HK GTS Warwick Yellow
All up, there are more than thirty exceptional Holden and HSV vehicles on offer at this special auction event that is expected to attract unprecedented interest from Holden enthusiasts and collectors all over Australia.