Lotus has introduced Advanced Performance, a new division of the business dedicated to delivering “thrilling bespoke vehicles and world-class customer experiences”.
The portfolio of services offered by Lotus Advanced Performance (LAP) includes:
- Halo projects – ultra-exclusive and unique vehicles that expand the Lotus product portfolio in exciting new directions
- Limited editions – exclusive high-spec and highly desirable versions of Lotus cars, allowing customers to stand out from the crowd
- Bespoke – customers can personalise their Lotus with exclusive colours, trims and materials
- Experiential – from tours of the new £100 million ($190 million) Hethel sports car and hypercar production lines to ‘money can’t buy’ opportunities all around the world; activities to enable customers, fans and partners to experience the Lotus brand
- Lotus Driving Academy – expert tuition at the wheel of a Lotus at locations around the world, including the iconic Hethel test track in Norfolk
- Motorsport – starting with the Emira GT4 race car, Lotus Advanced Performance will support and deliver lightweight competition cars to customers around the world
- Optional exclusive extras
- Accessories – a broad range of Lotus Advanced Performance products and brand merchandise ‘For The Drivers’
All programs will be led by Executive Director, Lotus Advanced Performance, Simon Lane (pictured below), who joined LAP from the bespoke Q by Aston Martin business.
“I have always been a Lotus fan, and this has to be one of the most exciting roles in the automotive industry right now – a blank sheet of paper and the opportunity to launch a completely new division at the world’s most ambitious car brand,” said Lane. “The LAP team and I have some fantastic and truly innovative ideas with very broad appeal, for Lotus fans young and old and those in search of unique experiences and collectible opportunities.
“Working in tandem with the hugely experienced Lotus Design team, and colleagues in our engineering teams around the world, we are going to build the most exciting and exclusive Lotus cars, embracing our exciting electrified future while also honouring our illustrious past.”
Managing Director at Lotus Cars, Matt Windle, said with high-profile success leading the delivery of bespoke vehicles and world-class customer experiences, Lane is the perfect person to lead Lotus Advanced Performance. “This new division is an exciting addition to our business and another key element of our Vision80 transformation,” added Windle.
“With the Emira and Evija starting production in the coming months, Lotus Advanced Performance is another significant opportunity to enhance our brand and communicate directly with customers.”