Jeep’s quickest and most powerful SUV
The updated 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk has arrived in Australia, bringing what Jeep says is the best value of all V8 high performance SUVs in Australia.
According to Jeep, Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can go 0-100km/h in 3.7 seconds thanks to its supercharged 6.2-litre V8. The vehicle also boasts an upgraded high-torque-capacity TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission, “world-class” on-road driving dynamics and Brembo brakes.
“Australia is FCA’s second largest market for V8s outside of North America and it is important for us to be able to support Australians with one of the most powerful and fastest SUVs ever,” said Guillaume Drelon, Jeep Australia Director, Product. “We’re excited to provide even more customer value to what is already the best-value, track-ready SUV in the market.”
The 2020 update adds a Signature Laguna Leather Wrapped Interior Package as standard and 20-inch black lightweight forged alloy wheels with Pirelli P-Zero 3 Season tyres, delivering what Jeep says is more than $13,000 worth of customer value for $5,000.
The driver-focused interior features premium soft-touch materials, unique Light Black Chrome finishes and carbon fibre spears, and a 7-inch driver information display instrument cluster, which features the tachometer in the middle.
The fourth-generation Uconnect 8.4 touch screen now sits flush mounted with the centre stack and instrument panel. The unit features Trackhawk Performance Pages that showcase an array of performance timers and gauge readouts, including a new engine dynamometer screen that measures instantaneous horsepower, torque, and current transmission gear.
Standard Launch Control optimises Grand Cherokee Trackhawk’s performance by coordinating the engine, transmission, driveline, and suspension.
The Selec-Track system uses performance-tuned software to pre-configure and distinguish the five dynamic modes: Auto, Sport, Track, Snow and Tow, enabling drivers to choose a vehicle setting that ideally meets their requirements and ambient conditions. The drive modes separately control the four-wheel-drive system, transmission, paddle shifters, suspension, and electric power steering.
Jeep says the vehicle features more than 70 safety and security features, including Trailer Hitch Camera View at Speed, which allows owners to view trailered items through the rear-mounted camera while moving.
Jeep Australia now has an all-new Capped Price Servicing Program for new customers in 2020, which applies to the MY20 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk range. Jeep says the revised structure provides customers with transparency when they service their vehicle at a Jeep dealership, with the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk capped at $799 per service for the first five services.
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk is available in dealerships Australia-wide, starting at $139,950. Premium Paint option: $895
Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk standard equipment highlights:
- Unique Fascia for Optimised Airflow and Control
- 20 x 10-inch low gloss black lightweight forged alloy wheels
- Yellow Brembo brake callipers
- Quad exhaust tips
- Cold air scoop replaces front fog lights
- Trackhawk unique gloss black lower rear fascia
- “Trackhawk” rear Liftgate badge
- “Supercharged” front door badges
- “HEMI 6.2” badges
- Laguna Leather Wrapped Seats with Embroidered “Trackhawk” seat back logo
- Laguna Leather Wrapped Lower Panels
- Laguna Leather Door Trims
- Real metal interior accents
- Red seat belts
- “Supercharged” scuff plates
Security and safety equipment
- Forward Collision Warning Plus
- Lane Departure Warning Plus
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- Rear Cross Path Detection
- Advanced Brake Assist
- Selec-Track® System traction system with 5 modes (Auto, Sport, Track, Tow and Snow)
- Rear Electronic Limited Slip Differential
- Launch Control
- Yellow Brembo® High Performance Brakes
- Active Damping Suspension
- Competition Suspension
- Jeep Performance Pages
- Black Laguna Leather (Standard)
- Black & Ski Grey Laguna Leather (Optional)
- Solid Paint: Bright White
- Premium paint: Ivory White, Diamond Black, Granite Crystal, Sting Grey, Billet Silver, Slate Blue, Redline, Green Metallic and Velvet Red
Dynamic drive mode configurations:
- Auto — Automatically adapts to any condition; uses a 40/60 front/rear torque split
- Sport — Transmission shift times are reduced by 50 percent versus Auto Mode; stability control, four-wheel-drive and steering systems are set for typical enthusiast driving style; paddle shifters are enabled and suspension is tightened up without increasing impact harshness to deliver increased vehicle performance capability over Auto Mode; uses 35/65 torque split
- Track — Transmission shift times are reduced 68percent versus Auto Mode to 160ms; stability control, four-wheel-drive and steering systems are set for ultimate track performance; paddle shifters are enabled and suspension is set to full firm to deliver maximum vehicle performance capability on smooth, dry surfaces; uses 30/70 torque split
- Tow — Alters torque delivery off the line for greater smoothness and adjusts suspension to combat pitch and yaw to deliver maximum towing performance: uses 60/40 torque split
- Snow — Maximises traction to deliver optimised performance on snow and ice with reduced engine horsepower; uses 50/50 torque split