Customers in Australia and New Zealand will be able to access some of the biggest and best full-size trucks – beginning with the Chevrolet Silverado – through the newly established General Motors Specialty Vehicles (GMSV) network.
The Silverado 1500, remanufactured to right-hand-drive by Walkinshaw Automotive Group, is the first entry in the GMSV portfolio, with the Silverado 2500 and the C8 Corvette to follow in late 2021. Customers can use the new ‘Find a Dealer’ tool on www.gmspecialtyvehicles.com to find their nearest GMSV dealer.
Joanne Stogiannis, Director of GMSV said North American full-size trucks are redefining the ute market in Australia and New Zealand, and GMSV will offer some of America’s most successful and highest selling vehicles in the segment.
“We have launched with over fifty GM Specialty Vehicles dealers and look forward to adding more. Our GMSV dealers are now open for business in Australia and New Zealand. We can’t wait to see the first Silverados being driven out of our GMSV showrooms.
“We believe there is significant opportunity in Australia and New Zealand for our iconic North American vehicles to compete in niche segments,” said Stogiannis
Silverado comes with:
- Segment-leading power and torque with the 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 petrol engine, highly efficient 10-speed auto transmission with enhanced acceleration and torque delivery while towing, standard auto stop/start technology and Dynamic Fuel Management.
- Towing capacity of 4.5 tonnes with Tow/Haul mode, Trailer Sway Control, Hill Start Assist and Auto Grade and Cruise Grade Braking.
- Purposeful technology such as “auto lighting test” – allowing drivers to conduct a trailer light test that uses an automatic exterior light sequence to help confirm that the trailer is properly connected. In the past, this was a two-person job – now a single individual can properly connect a trailer and check the lights.
- Advanced Towing Package with Hitch Guidance, Hitch View, Integrated Brake Controller, Trailer Theft Alert and in-vehicle advanced trailering system.
- A suite of active safety features including Front and Rear Park Assist, Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Forward Collision Alert, Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking, Front Pedestrian Braking, IntelliBeam automatic headlamp control, Following Distance Indicator and Safety Alert Seat.
- Chevrolet Silverado Durabed tray featuring industry first power up/down tailgate, cargo bed camera, LED cargo lighting, standard spray-in liner and 12 tie-downs.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability.
- Spacious cabin that boasts best-in-class front head and leg room, with a roomy second row.
- Bold design and chrome accents.
“We know that customers are eager to see what other products we will add to our portfolio. We will continue to identify opportunities to add to vehicles where we see the chance to compete in niche segments in Australia and New Zealand,” added Stogiannis.
Jason D’Silva, Dealer Principal at Ralph D’Silva GMSV in Preston, Victoria said, “I am very proud to be opening Ralph D’Silva GMSV to both existing customers and the many new customers we are sure will be attracted to the growing segment that the Silverado 1500 and the new Silverado 2500 play in. And Corvette – that is a game changer for us.
“We are looking forward to inviting customers into our new showroom to showcase our exciting new product range and hope to be met with the same excitement from customers who come in to shop with us.”
Ross Crampton, Dealer Principal at Toowoomba GMSV in Toowoomba, Queensland added, “We are very pleased to have been selected as a GMSV dealer and to represent such a wonderful product. Regional Queensland has a tremendous appetite for Silverado, and we are excited to be a part of GMSV’s future.”